Ages 3 to 6 years
This multi-age class forms a community of 25-30 children all working together or alongside one another. The Primary Montessori classroom is divided into sections in which the child is able to explore various subjects. In this type of setup, a 3-year-old can explore a practical life exercise, a 4-year-old can discover the wonders of language skills, and a 5-year-old can write a poem or teach a younger child to trace numbers.
A Typical Day
- 8:45 a.m. – The day starts with a welcoming circle, songs, parsha and tefilah (prayers).
- 9:00 a.m. – The children move into a morning routine of Montessori “work”, where they can enjoy snacks as they please. The children sing and learn Hebrew throughout the day.
- 11:30 a.m. – They will visit the playground and play outside for half an hour.
- 12 noon – Return to the classroom for lunch.
- 12:30 p.m. – Free play time.
- 1:00 p.m. – Older children who can stay longer will resume the Montessori classroom work. Younger children will continue free play at our playroom or outside.
Our enrichment program includes arts and crafts projects on relevant subjects of the school curriculum:
- Little Hands Baking
- Yoga class
- Music classes
- Art classes
- Field trips