Ages 3 to 6 years
This multi-age class forms a community of children. The classroom is divided into sections in which the child is able to explore various subjects: a 3-year-old can explore a practical life exercise, then learn math numbers and quantities, a 4-year-old can discover the wonders of language skills, and a 5-year-old can write a poem or teach a younger child to trace numbers.
A Typical Day
- 8:30 Arrival.
- 8:45 a.m. – The day starts with a welcoming circle, songs, parsha, and tefilah (prayers).
- 9:00 a.m. – The children move into a morning routine of Montessori play and learn, or what we call “work”. Snacks are served throughout the morning and include healthy choices of fruit, vegetables, and protein. The children sing and learn Hebrew throughout the day.
- 11:45 a.m. – They will visit the playground and play outside for half an hour.
- 12:15 – Noon Dismissal. Most will return to the classroom for lunch.
- 12:45 p.m. – Free play time.
- 1:00 p.m. – Older children who can stay longer will resume the Montessori classroom work. Younger children will continue free play at our playroom or outside.
More Enrichment Activities
Our enrichment program includes arts and crafts projects on relevant subjects of the school curriculum:
- Little Hands Baking
- Yoga class
- Music classes
- Art classes
- Field trips