Ages 15 months to 3 years
This multi-age class forms a community of 12-16 children all working together or alongside one another. In this type of setup, an 18-month old learns how to put away their jacket and shoes in the morning. Two-year-olds learn how to prepare their own snacks, and 3-year-olds have the opportunity to teach their younger peers before moving on to Primary.
A Typical Day
- 8:45 a.m. – The children start with a nice welcoming exercise. They sing songs, have morning tfila and learn parsha.
- 9:15 a.m. – The children then move into a morning routine of Montessori “work” until around 10 a.m.
- 10:00 a.m. – Prepare and eat a snack together with a friend.
- 10:45 a.m. – Visit the playground and play outside for half an hour.
- 11:15 a.m. – Circle time back in the classroom and prepare for lunch
- 11:30 a.m. – Lunchtime
- 12 noon – Most toddlers will nap until around 2 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m. – After nap activities, including story time, singing, playing with toys and more.
This curriculum is subject to changes and alterations.